1. Information We Collect
We collect information, including Personal Information, when you:
- register with and log in to our app
- use our Services; and
- communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as anonymous usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Service.
- Payment Information. You will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code.
- Using the Services. We may collect and process other Personal Information, such as your voice or Child User’s or voice (specifically, and by way of example, but not limited to, through the following specific functionalities of our products and/or services: repeat vocabulary words, sentence structures, and engage in conversation with cartoon chatbot).
- Customer Support. We collect all information that you provide to us, including any Personal Information when you contact us for customer support purposes.
- Location Data. Once you register to the Speakia app we may collect and process information about your location. This location information is being collected based on your IP address and is restricted to the name of your city. Speakia is not using other technologies to determine your location (we do not use GPS, or other sensors). We do not collect location information about your exact whereabouts (i.e. name of the street or accurate address). When we have location information, we may use it to optimize our Services for you and others, allowing us to understand and improve the services and develop new products, services, or features.
- Cookies, Automatic Data Collection, and Related Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our app, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment including:
- Your device model, operating system, unique device identifier, login IP address, network access method, type and status, and network quality data according to the specific permissions granted by you during software installation or use. If you refuse to grant us the corresponding permissions during installation or use, we will not record your corresponding information above.
- For statistical analysis and other purposes, our products may integrate third-party SDKs or other similar applications, that collect your device information (IDFA, operating system, device model), device manufacturer, system version, AndroidID, IMEI, MAC address, etc. for statistical analysis of your use in the App.
- For your information security, we have signed strict data security confidentiality agreements with third-party SDK service providers, and these companies will strictly abide by our data privacy and security requirements. Unless we have your consent, we will not share your personally identifiable information with them.
2. How We Use Information
We use information collected from you to:
Provide, administer, and facilitate your use of our Services, including to display customized content; process or fulfill your request(s) and/or order(s) for products, services, information or features, including the use of specific functionalities of our products and/or services; display consumer surveys, communicate with you concerning your account by:
Responding to your questions or concerns;
Emailing you information or providing in-app messages about your rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, which you can opt-out of at any time; Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages. You can manage push notifications from the “options” or “settings” page for the mobile application.
Understand and improve the services and develop new products, services or features;
Manage your account preferences, establish your profile and registration information;
Facilitate the technical functioning of our Services, including without limitation to troubleshoot and resolve issues, secure the Services, and prevent fraud and abuse;
Respond to customer support questions and issues and resolve disputes;
Create, review, analyze and share technical information;
Analyze trends and user traffic, track purchases and usage information;
Advertise our Services on third-party websites or mobile applications;
Market, process or fulfill promotions administered or sponsored by us;
Solicit feedback from users; As required or permitted by law; As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Services; Identify unique users across devices; or Tailor advertisements across devices.
Aggregate Data. We may de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Service and use it for any lawful purpose.
Child User Information. Information collected from Child Users may be used:
To measure a Child User’s performance in activities including their use of specific functionalities of our products and/or services, and to adapt a Child User’s learning experience to the Child User’s learning needs.
To analyze, provide progress reports on, or provide an assessment of a Child User’s performance.
Information collected from Child Users is never used to market to Child Users. Specifically, Personal Information collected from Child Users will never be used to serve targeted advertising, to build behavioral marketing profiles, or be shared with independent third parties for marketing purposes.
Both Adult and Child User Information. Information collected from both Adult and Child Users may be used:
- To allow us to assess and improve the Services, its educational content, and other services we provide, including the use of specific functionalities of our products and/or services. For example, to improve our content and user experience; to research, evaluate, and improve the Services’ educational efficacy; and to inform our understanding of the Services’ user base.
- To customize, adapt, and personalize users’ viewing and content-consumption experience, for example by measuring a Child User’s performance in activities and adapting the Child User’s learning path to his or her learning needs. To maintain and analyze the functioning of the Services.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to detect violations of and enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, including the security of the Services; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
3. When We Disclose Information to Third Parties
Third-Party Business Partners, Service Providers, Contractors or Agents. We may share your information with third-party companies that perform services on our behalf, including for payment processing, order fulfillment, video conferencing, scheduling, data analysis, marketing services, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, services that process and administer consumer surveys, and customer services and support. We may also share your information with third-party companies that we partner with to provide certain services to you in connection with the Services. Those partners’ collection and use of information are subject to their privacy policies and other terms. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements.
Analytics and Data Enrichment Services. We use third-party analytics to help understand your usage of our Services and to improve our Services. We may provide your contact information, registration information, technical information, usage data, or de-identified data or to data enrichment services, which match such information with publicly available database information, including contact and social information from other sources, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses. We use this combined information to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission. The Services may allow you to opt-in to receive communications from third parties. If you give us your permission to share your Personal Information with such third parties, then you may receive communications from such third parties and you are solely responsible for your engagement with such third parties.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosure. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information or other account information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
5. Children’s Privacy
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform you, as parents and legal guardians (as used in this section, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing Personal Information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s Personal Information.
This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect Personal Information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through our app.
Information We Collect from Children. Children can access some parts of our app and its content and use some of its features without providing us with Personal Information. However, most content and features of the Services are available only to Students of the registered accounts and require us to collect certain information, including Personal Information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the app.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in the educational activity in our Services, and we do not condition his or her participation in the disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the app and use certain features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different devices and online services
- Information that identifies a device’s location (city and country).
We may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with Personal Information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information. We use the Personal Information we collect from your child to:
- register with and log in to our app
- We use the information we collect automatically through technology and other non-personal information we collect to improve our app and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our customer size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information. We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s Personal Information other than as described in this section:
- We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual. In addition, we may disclose children’s Personal Information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Services and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal processes, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others, including to protect the safety of a child; protect the safety and security of the app or Services; or enable us to take precautions against liability.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information. At any time, you may review the child’s Personal Information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the Personal Information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s Personal Information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s Personal Information by sending us a request here: email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
6. How to Access, Change or Delete Account Information
An Adult User can review or change the information they provided when registering for the Services, by emailing Company support at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, at any time, Users may contact us to request that we provide for their review, or delete from our records, any Personal Information they have provided about Child Users associated with their Account, or to cease collecting Personal Information from those Child Users, as applicable. Please keep in mind that a request to delete Personal Information may lead to the cancellation of your Account.
When we change or delete any Personal Information at your request, we will make good faith efforts to make the changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Changing setting options may not result in immediate changes to the settings, which are subject to our operations and maintenance schedules.
7. International Users
We store information about users on servers primarily located in Singapore and we may also store such information on servers and equipment in other countries. If you are accessing our Services from outside of Singapore, please know the data and personal information you submit may be transferred to and stored on servers in Singapore or other countries. The data protection and other laws of Singapore and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our Services, you consent to the transfer, storing and processing of your data in and to Singapore and other countries where we may choose to store data.
9. Contact Us